If you would like an informal chat about opportunities in South East Queensland please contact us on 1300 072 237 or email email@example.com
Why work with us?
We are looking for a passionate casual Support Worker with experience to join our In-home team
The Support Worker empowers people to enjoy a full, rewarding and independent life, while being empathetic and compassionate. The Support Worker is required to provide personal support to people living in their home in the community, including a range of personal care supports, domestic support and local community and lifestyle support. The Support Worker works independently and is passionate about empowering consumers and making a difference in their lives through compassionate service delivery.
Skills and experience
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care)
- Experience working alongside people with dementia
- Experience implementing home care support plans
- Skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising your own work and adapting to change
- Current First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain
- Confidence with a smart phone or tablet or the ability to learn
- Our services covers 7 days per week and hours are negotitable
- A current driver's licence
- A national police check or the willingness to obtain one
How to apply:
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include:
- A cover letter, which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the criteria outlined above.
- Your resume, including 2 referees.
Queensland Ageing and Disability Services is a division of Mount Gravatt Community Centre. We have been serving our local community for 30 years and have grown over this time to now have over 30 employees. Imagine coming to work each day, loving what you do and seeing the real impact you are having in people's lives. We embrace and celebrate diversity amongst our team and value our staff's contribution. To ensure you continue to grow in your role, we offer ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will receive competitive pay, along with the opportunity to salary sacrifice to increase your take home pay. If you are passionate about helping others, we'd love to meet you.
Student And Graduates
We offer supervised social work student placements to undergraduates to integrate your learning. We know how important is to provide students with real life experience to develop first-hand knowledge and skills to complement your classroom based learning. We provide you with interesting and challenging opportunities to broaden your skill base and help you to kickstart your career.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com
Learning And Development Opportunities
We currently have opportunites for Queenslanders to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. If you are unemployed or under-employed, this may be the right program for you. We offer accredited training combined with life skill training to ensure you are supported and prepared to re-enter the workforce. The program is proudly funded by the Queensland Government has the following eligibility requirements:
Queensland residents, 18 years and over who:
- Need support to successfully gain employment, secure more stable employment, build foundation skills to the level for the successful completion of a vocational qualification or reskill and retrain following redundancy or a long absence from work
- meet Australian residency requirements
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistancere
- main unemployed after accessing Australian Government services for more than six months
- Successful completion of a national police check